Friday, June 17, 2011

Fourth of July Wreath

I am not usually one for holiday decorating.  In fact, I almost never decorate for the holidays.  But, I saw this wreath made of foil and decided to try it for myself.  I made mine out of a cheap straw wreath from Hobby Lobby that I wrapped in 50% off satin ribbon.  I attached the flowers with the cheapest nails in large numbers I could get at Lowes.  I used a box and a half and they were $1.27 a piece.  I had everything else.... so all in all, less than $5!  Yay!
Without further ado, the pictures!
3 Sheets of Red, White, and Blue Cardstock Punched Out (I have lots of extra)
Nail of Choice
Just a few flowers
Happy Fourth of July!

Up Close!
 This was really easy, really inexpensive, and super cute!  Happy Fourth of July Everyone!

lesleypaige

9 comments:

  1. I like the look of this wreath. I've been searching for a 4th wreath idea.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you! I am really happy with the way it turned out!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great wreath! You should link it to my Front Porch Party! Going on now until Friday. http://www.elephantstrunkllb.com/2011/06/summer-safari-front-porch-fun.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is so cute! I love it! It's so festive! And I think buying nails is way cheaper than those sewing pins that I buy! I'll have to remember that next time!! {visiting from the Summer Safari!}

    ReplyDelete
  5. I know this took a while! Good for you because it turned out GREAT! LOVE it! I am doing an America the Beautiful series right now on my blog. I hope you will hop over and check it out!
    Jenni (your newest follower)
    kissedbyafrog.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love this wreath! All of those punches almost look like fireworks! Thanks for stopping by and commenting on my ribbon wreath, yours is super cute too!

    Red
    www.thatredheadedstepchild.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. WOW!! That is too cute!...what patience for all those flowers! Love it!

    ReplyDelete