Monday, June 13, 2011

Sewing Class

For all of you who read with bated breath and pencil all of my events on your calendar, you know that yesterday I finally got to take my sewing class at JoAnn's.  It was really fabulous and taught by an extremely patient lady named Madge who had been sewing since she was five.  She was really nice and helpful and never got frustrated with the six of us making a huge mess with pillow cases!  She was so patient, I signed up for her next level class on Wednesday morning - watch out for a new post!
Anyways, without further ado: my first pillowcase!
Argyle and Polka Dots - Does it get any better?
"So soft and silky, just like me" - Gus
"Mom, this part is my favorite... it looks good with my nails" - Gus
A pillow made for two - or three if Attila would join us

On the Guest Bed

Attila wouldn't model on the pillow, so I just took his picture being cute!
Every night, Gus gets in bed and the pillow falls on his head, because he is pulling it over on himself.  Every night he panics, flips it over and lays on it.  Apparently, afternoon pillow modeling is no different. 
So, what do you think?  I really like it and was thinking of making 3 more to go on my guest bed.  The comforter is dark brown with beige sheets.  I think it would spruce up the room and the blue in the argyle and dots matches the walls.  It could be an easy way to make my guest room a little more personal.

No comments:

Post a Comment