Sunday, June 12, 2011

Lake Day

Yesterday, we went out on Chickamauga Lake, near Chattanooga, Tennessee.  A huge thanks to Kara and her family for the boat and accommodations!  Anyways, the Craft Rescue Hero and I took our furbabies out to the lake for a day of boating and fun. 
We had a great time, well, almost everyone did.  My little Gus HATES the water, the boat, and the car ride to get there. We put him in the water and he tried to climb up the pontoons to get back in the boat.  Panic is truly the only word to describe it!  We put him on a float, held him against my chest, nothing would do - he is a landlover (like his mom). 
However, my Attila loved the water!  He was swimming like a fish and chasing another dog in the water.  He even jumped off the boat to swim with Craft Rescue Hero!  He also spent a lot of time laying with our friend Kelly on a float.  He was so happy!
Now, since I am a great dog-mom I packed my camera to capture all the great moments... and then promptly did not take any pictures.  So, we had a photo shoot this morning with two very sleepy dogs!  Attila fell over in his life vest, he was so tired.  Gus took one look at his vest and ran the other direction.  He was hiding from Brad, but we snagged him to get some great pictures. 
It may not be the lake, but it is the living room!
"Really Dad?  Wasn't yesterday enough?"
"Do NOT put me in today!"
"Where's the water Dad?"
"Maybe I'll swim after my nap"
"I am so handsome"
"Are you happy now?"
"Can this be our Christmas Card Mom?"
I love Gus' "Batman" ears in the last picture!  They were so good - most likely because they are exhausted!  It is noon now, and they have not been awake for more than 10 minutes since we left the lake about 10:30 last night!  I love these guys - they truly are spoiled furbabies!
I'd like to give Outward Hound dog life vests a shoutout!  They are fabulous, secure, and have a super hand on the top that helps you lift your pup out of the water, for any reason.  And, they are reasonably priced at PetSmart!  We have two and they have held up really well over two summers!

1 comment:

  1. Aw this post made me smile - your dogs are too cute in their life vests!

    ReplyDelete