Tuesday, February 9, 2016

Beer on a Boat

One of the most stressful parts of scrapbooking is the special picture.  Sometimes, I have a picture that I love so much (or a memory I love so much), that the pressure to have a perfect page is almost insurmountable.  
I always feel better if I can start with a clear idea of a paper line... then I just have to master the layout.  And when I took this picture last summer, I knew that this was the perfect paper for it!  I loved this idea of a tiny pirate on an inflatable raft.  And when his Uncle and Dad gave him a beer, it just didn't get any better!  

I used Echo Park's A Pirate's Life paper.  The center line of skull and cross bone paper is lifted up with pop-dots.  It gave me a great avenue to layer paper and stickers.  I used a one inch punch to pop out the circles from a different paper line - I did not fussy cut that madness!  I am quite thrilled with how it turned out and I feel like it really celebrates this memory!

Happy Scrapping!
Lesley

1 comment:

  1. Hello! This post could not be written any better. Reading this post reminds me of my previous neighbor. He always talk about this. I will forward this article to him. Fairly certain i did had a good read. Thank you for sharing your idea.

    ReplyDelete