Wednesday, February 10, 2016

Hatitude

Many, many years ago, my parents took us on vacation to the Grand Canyon and all places in the United States' southwestern region.  In Sedona, Arizon, we stumbled upon a hat place and the proprietor was a very outgoing sales man.  My brother and I tried on every hat in the place and like usual, he looked adorable.  My mom (love her heart) does not have a head for a hat.  The salesman, however, chalked it up to her lack of "Hatitude."  You know, the attitude required to rock a hat and not look goofy while doing it.  I am sure I had it in my younger years, but do not currently have much.

Last summer, my brother snapped this sweet pic of my husband and son with their "hatitude" inside a beach store.  It is one of my favorites!




To make this layout, I started with two pieces of white card stock.  I cut one to 8.5"x11".  I used the bottom piece with the textured side up and the top piece with the smooth side up.  When you get close, you can see the difference in the two papers.  I also mounted the photo on a piece of white cardstock.  I dotted around the edge of the top paper.  

I did use my cameo to cut the stars out of two different papers from the Amy Tangerine Better Together paper line.  I glued them down in an angular fashion.  I added a sticker and a die cut underneath the photo and did a touch of journaling.  

To make the "hatitude" phrase, I used my Cameo again.  I typed the word out and used the font Susie's Hand.  I scooted the words closer together and welded them.  Once  they had made a single cut file, I cut it out of black cardstock and glued them onto the white paper using liquid adhesive!

I loved the way that this turned out!
Happy Scrapping!
Lesley

3 comments:

  1. Excellent post. I will certainly come back to read more of the articles about food. We love to try new receipts and new food, not only our native
    Facet Block Injection
    Intradiscal Electrothermal Therapy
    Intercostal Nerve Block
    Intrathecal Pump Therapy
    Kyphoplasty
    Microdiscectomy Spine Surgery
    P-Stim™ Device

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a very nice content I am reading on your blog. It is so full of insight that I really think will help me in doing some findings about this topic nice work.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello! This post could not be written any better. Reading this post reminds me of my previous neighbor. He always talk about this. I will forward this article to him. Fairly certain i did had a good read. Thank you for sharing your idea.

    ReplyDelete