Thursday, July 28, 2011

Reusable Lunch Bags

We all love to be green and not just the color!  I saw these fabulous reusable sandwich bags at craft buds and thought they were fabulous, but a bit out of my reach.  However, now that I have been taking sewing lessons and ventured out on pants over my vacation, I was feeling inspired and empowered! 

And, they turned out really cute!  I have two finished and three more half done upstairs.  I love the velcro closure and they wipe out with a wet sponge or rag.  I took mine to school  yesterday with a spoon, napkin, and popcorn bag inside.  (My yogurt won't fit!)  I made one today with some specifications from someone who likes extra-wide rye and pumpernickel bread.  I increased the width to 9" which I think will accommodate Pepperidge Farm. What do you all think?
I love both of the fabrics, but I don't feel like they contrast each other enough to stand out.  Partners that are too close together... hmmm. 
Anyways, I added a letter to the front of the "double-wide" bag.  Never in my life, Mom, have I wished you were Cathy with a K more than when I was using the machine to go around that C. 
Velcro closure

Do you see the monogram?

Close-up
Overall, I am pretty happy with the way they turned out and I am going to finish the others tomorrow.  Also, tomorrow I have my finished Crayon Wreath with research paper flowers!

6 comments:

  1. These are darling! I love the fabrics you used! I am your newest follower and I would love to have you come link this up at our Strut Your Stuff Saturday Link Party! http://sixsistersstuff.blogspot.com/2011/07/strut-your-stuff-saturday-week-4.html
    Camille @
    SixSistersStuff.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great idea! My kids are forever loosing theirs so this would be a great way to just be able to whip up a new one. Would love to have you link to my party this weekend too! http://designergarden.blogspot.com/2011/07/vip-party-21.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great idea. I love the fabric you chose. I have a party every Monday. I would love for you to stop by and link up your reusable lunch bags and any other projects you would like to share. http://diyhshp.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. i love this! and the fabrics are so cute! I found your blog through a link party and I seriously LOVE it! I love making new blog friends! I am your newest follower and would love it if you would check out my blog and follow me too! Thanks!
    -Nikki
    http://chef-n-training.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete