Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Memo Boards

When I went to college, my mom bought me a french memo board that was denim with canvas ribbon.  I loved that thing and it served me many years... until it got upgraded to my argyle bulletin board pictured here.

My friend and fellow teacher Jessica wanted to make one for her daughter to take to college and I told her I would help.  We spent a lunch time working on it and I think it turned out fabulous.  On a side note, I converted Jessica into a hot glue gun user - a true moment of grace in a crafter's life.  She is now the proud owner of one herself!  Her board is part of a shower board so she can write messages on the back, especially secret ones from mom!  It turned out great and Lexie got it today for her birthday (Happy Birthday Lexie)! 

Here it is!
I love the red and black with the white buttons!  Super fabulous!  Thanks for letting me be a part of the project Jessica!

1 comment:

  1. This is gorgeous! I think you guys did a great job. Now I want to go and make myself one. Thanks for sharing your cute creation. It's really inspiring :)

    ReplyDelete