Tuesday, September 4, 2012

Teacher Treats

This year, the mentoring team decided to make little treats for the new teachers between meetings.  A little pick me up between meetings to remind them that they can survive!
This month was suggested by my Mom - way to go Mom!

We are doing a little trail mix for the journey that is teaching!  It truly is a marathon, not a sprint, although each day feels like a sprint in my world!

Anyways, I made a basic trail mix - chex, cheerios, peanuts, raisins, and M&M's.  I put about a cup into each zippy bag and decided to make a cute label.  I love all the printables I see everywhere, but being that we do not own a color printer, I was left to create one on my own.  I used my Silhouette to create the word "journey" and hand-wrote the rest of the card.  It felt a little blank, so I was able to use some Washi Tape from another lady at the Scrappin In the City crop that this little artistic excursion was taking place.  She had the sweetest washi tape that looked just like a road - and perfect for my journey.

I like the way they turned out... they hit the mailboxes tomorrow afternoon!



No comments:

Post a Comment