Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Hide Your Hooters!

Hooter Hiders, Boobie Blankets, Nursing Covers... many names for a fancy blanket with a strap!

Mandy and her ready-to-be-born baby Kinley were on the end of another test-project of a nursing cover!  I used the tutorial from Our Seven Dwarfs.  I did make a few alterations, like increasing the size of the terry cloth corners and making the whole thing a fizz bigger.  And no, I cannot at this time remember how big I made it. (We will blame this on the 6th graders).

Anyways, I loved this fabric - I found it at WalMart of all places (let's here it for Wally World for bringing back the fabric section!) and the terry cloth too!  The D-rings and boning came from JoAnn's.  Without further ado, here is my classroom-next-door-neighbor Catherine modeling the nursing cover!

It has boning in the center so that you can see down to check on the baby but the nosy person next to you in the mall can't see in!  Also, the next strap keeps the baby from pulling down the blanket to reveal a baby-gear malfunction!
The bottom corners are terry cloth squares folded into triangles for double-thickness for baby wiping messes!  They also double as pockets for all kinds of trinkets - like pacifiers and other goodies! 
They look super on classroom desks too! 
It turned out really great and I was super proud of it... I am pondering putting Velcro on the terry cloth to hold the pocket closed instead of gaping... maybe next time!
What do you all think!

No comments:

Post a Comment