Thursday, May 5, 2011

The Only Thing to Make Cinco De Mayo Better...

... would be that there is no school and it could be an all day festival of all my favorite mexican meals!

However, I'm at work, dreaming of my fabulous dinner in the works.  Tonight is Taco Night, although I usually make enchiladas for Cinco de Mayo.  This year, I am switching it up, but wanted to share my fantastic (and waaaay easy) enchilada recipe!

Aunt Cathy's Enchiladas

1 lb. cooked chicken (I usually boil mine and then shred)
1 c. sour cream
1 c. cheddar cheese
1 medium onion chopped
Flour tortillas (I usually use about 14)
Olive oil
Salsa

Pour about 1/2 c. of salsa on the bottom of a 9x13 and swirl to coat. 
Combine cooked, shredded chicken with sour cream, cheese and onion.  Stir. 

Taking one tortilla at a time, rub a little olive oil on both sides to make it more pliable.  Put 1/4-1/3 c. scoop of chicken on the inside and tightly roll the tortilla.  Repeat until your 9x13 is full. 
Top with salsa so all the enchiladas are covered.
Bake at 350* for 25-30 minutes. 
Top with all your favorite taco ingredients;  we use more cheese, lettuce, tomato, sour cream, beans, olives...

And the most important part, serve with your favorite margarita!

No comments:

Post a Comment