Friday, May 20, 2011

Latch Hook Bath Mat

So, how did I do it?  It was pretty easy in the long run... the steps are simple and very repetitive!
I bought a Latch Hook Canvas at Hobby Lobby and trimmed it down the size I wanted.  I did not measure... just eye balled it! 
I followed the directions from THIS blog.... with a few alternations.  My fabric strips are1/2 inch by 4 inches and there are a lot of them!  The blue is about 2/3 of a full size fitted sheets and the white is a queen size sheet (and a little more).  I used sheets because it is a huge amount of fabric for a reasonable price.  They are WalMart sheets. 
Latch hooking is pretty simple.  I used a You Tube tutorial to remind myself.  I latch hooked in elementary school and it did come right back to me. 
The biggest investment in this project was time.   It took me a lot of hours.... my Craft Rescue Hero estimates 48-50 hours!  However, I would definitely do this again!  Perhaps next time in bright colors for a floor rug.  It makes a huge price difference if you are making a large rug... maybe not for a bath mat!  However it does feel just fabulous on my toes out of the shower!
From Zero:


To FINISHED!  Try it out!  Let me know how it works for you!  I would love to hear your feedback... drop any questions or comments below!

1 comment:

  1. Thank you for hopping over to The Quick Journey. My mom used to do latch hook all the time. They are so soft on your feet. :) Great Job!!!

    ReplyDelete