Wednesday, April 6, 2011

First Post!

So, this blog has been started as a record for myself to keep track of all the projects I have worked on and crafted! 

To start with my current state of craftiness... my greatest weakness is my consistent overestimate of my craft skills!  I love to try new things (with detailed directions of course - I am a teacher!) and improve these snappy projects when I can.  I love watching others create fabulous projects and observing from the sidelines.  Perhaps the best part of crafting is the joy of making something special from a few things hanging around the house ... and JoAnn's. 

Crafts are my coping mechanism for the daily stresses of life, especially the stresses of teaching middle school!  Nothing wipes away a tough day in the classroom like glue, fabric scraps, and a piece of 12x12 scrapbook paper!  It is truly therapeutic to create something new for our home or a friend and much less expensive than chatting with professionals (and I can do it on my couch in jammies)!

So here is my adventure with all things crafty and creative.... watch out for trouble!

No comments:

Post a Comment