Friday, April 22, 2011

Easter Table Centerpieces

I was pondering what to put on my Easter table for a centerpiece.  There were so many cute ideas in my Southern Living and Good Housekeeping magazines, but nothing was really simple.  I ended up combining a few different projects to get this!
They are blown easter eggs, dyed in a regular dye kit and then I drew the initials on the with a permanent market.  They are sitting in mini-clay pots I got at Hobby Lobby for $1.99 with a 40% off coupon!

I was thinking this would be really simple and fast... recalling an egg-blowing experience of my childhood and I can safely say that egg blowing was not super easy!  I thought I was going to have an aneurysm.  To solve this problem, we made a bigger hole and it got easier.  To blow easter eggs, you poke two holes in opposite ends and blow on one end and the other side is the exit for your egg insides. 
We used a nail and a straight pin to make our original holes... they were later expanded!
A View from Above

Blow Hard Craft Rescue Hero!
Anyone for scrambled eggs?
I dyed them with a regular PAAS Egg Kit in my homeroom class and then let them dry for a while.  I picked a black marker that I tested with a small dot to make sure it wouldn't smear and then drew my letters.  I ended up thickening up my lines with several passes.  It isn't perfect, but they look pretty good!
With dye...
Not bad! 
 I hope everyone has a very Happy Easter! 

2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks great! Hope you and the family have a great Easter!

    ReplyDelete