Wednesday, June 13, 2012

Cameo + Scrapbook = Awesome

So, last weekend I went on a Scrapbooking Retreat and it was 4 glorious days of me time, pictures, 12x12 paper, and the Cameo.  I really got to test some of its features.  I am not so hot at manipulating cuts and what not, but I did get a chance to test out the Silhouette pens.  I thought that they would be like ball-point pens... not so much.  They were more of a fancy ink - almost similar to a sharpie.   I don't know what type that is - chime in if you know!
Anyways, I made two pretty awesome pages using the pens.  They run about $10 for a set of 8 regular colors.   The metallics and glitters are the same price for 4 pens (I think - don't quote me on that)!

Back to the weekend, I was having a serious conundrum about what to do for a pirate page.  I had no cute pirate paper and I am not so talented as to cutely burning paper.  But I downloaded an image of a treasure map and had it printed on a piece of paper for my background.  I filled in some of empty space with chalks and I used Stickles to trace over the "x" for the magic spot!  The letters are a font I already had on my computer.  What do you think?

The other page I did was for a few random dates in July... of 1993.  I didn't have enough to make any full pages, but I made a calendar for the whole month and added in these few events and key family dates.  I really think that this was a great way to incorporate several family events in a less "random" way.  I did hand-write the dates and events.  I am sure the Cameo could do it, but at 3 in the morning, I was not up for that adventure.

I thought they both turned out fabulously and cannot wait to do more experimenting with it!
LesleyPaige

PS - Dear Alison,
If you move closer, you can come over and play with the Cameo anytime! K?

No comments:

Post a Comment